AUDIOPHILE is a miniaturized, real-time audio processor that is specifically designed for live audio collection applications, with the purpose of reducing typical background noises that may be present at the “edge” (prior to transmission and capture), particularly where compressed and/or low-bandwidth data links are employed.
Operation of AUDIOPHILE is extremely simple:
- Connect the live, unfiltered audio source to the LINE IN;
- Connect the filtered LINE OUT to the downstream audio recording or transmission device;
- Temporarily connect a laptop computer to the USB connection;
- Configure and test the audio filter setup using the included Windows software application;
- Program the final audio filter setup to the onboard flash memory;
- Disconnect the laptop computer and leave the AUDIOPHILE to run 24/7.
Optionally, a special “VOX” algorithm can be configured and activated for the purpose of sensing the presence of voice in the filtered audio; when voice is not detected, the audio output will be either dead silence or a special 852/1633 Hz “C-Tone” signal that the downstream collection system can utilize to deactivate recording.